Friday, April 4, 2014

Oatmeal Chickpea Cookiepie Recipe

I was lucky enough to be chosen to be a cohost for Instagram's Oatasticweekend and this little cookie was my addition for that weekend. There were a lot of chickpea cookie recipes floating around and I wanted a cookie that was more protein packed and I also wanted to use oat flour in it. It worked out in a way because I only had about a half a cup of chickpeas left. I didn't add extra sweetener to the cookies but the filling has sweetener in it. I ate these babies after my workout and I stored them in the fridge.

Oatmeal Chickpea Cookiepie Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 cup of chickpeas
3/4 cup of oat flour
1/3 pure peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
3 tbsp. hemp hearts
(I didn't add any sweetener but if you want add 1/4 honey/agave syrup)

Filling
1 scoop whey protein
2 tbsp. almond milk (more depending on consistency that you want)
1 packet stevia

Directions
1)Preheat oven to 350.
2)In a food processor, puree chickpeas until creamy.
3)Mix the rest of the ingredients with the chickpeas except the chocolate chips.
4)Add chocolate chips to mixture.
5)Make 1 inch balls and flatten to a cookie tray. Cookie will not expand that much.
6)Bake for 18-20 minutes.
7)Remove from oven and cool on rack.
8)Mix all filling ingredients until you get a thick consistency. Spread on one cookie and sandwich with another.
9)Makes about 10 mini sandwich cookies. Keep in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive