Friday, April 4, 2014

Crispy "fried" Basa Fillet Recipe

Here's the thing with my kids. They hate fish. The only time they will eat fish is if I trick them. My favourite way is to add it in curry. But I wanted to try another way so this recipe came about. I've seen a couple of recipes where almond meal was used but to take a safer route, I used panko bread crumbs to make it even more crispier. I hate to trick my kids into eating them so I didn't mention "fish" instead kept calling them meat fingers lol. Ok that didn't even sound appealing but it worked. They ate it!

Crispy Fried Basa Fillet Recipe

Ingredients
2 basa fillets
1/2 cup of almond milk
3/4 panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard/prepared mustard will work too
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried parsley

Directions
1)Combine almond milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
2)Combine panko, garlic powder and parsley
3)Place cut fish in the milk mixture for 10 minutes.
4)Remove fish and quickly drench in panko.
5)Place fish on a baking tray and place in a preheated 400 degree oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes depending on thickness of fish. Flip half way through baking. Bake until desired crispiness is achieved.

Enjoy with guacamole or a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive