Thursday, March 6, 2014

Gluten Free Cornbread Pancakes Mcgriddle Recipe

When I was pregnant with my son, I saw a commercial from the notorious giant fast food place for the Mcgriddle. A sweet syrup infused pancake sandwich with egg,cheese and sausage. I made my husband take me there for breakfast the next day. I'm not going to lie, it is so damn good. Back then, pregnant I didn't even care about how much calories one of those sandwiches were. I didn't care about the trans fats that is probably injected into it to make it taste so heavenly. But now I care. I hadn't had one since that day but my friend Kristin has reminded me of how good it taste so I told her I will try to recreate it. This is just the cornbread pancake recipe, add a sausage and egg to make it a Mcgriddle. But I guarantee you, it's good and guilt free this time around.

Gluten Free Cornbread Pancakes Mcgriddle Recipe

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 almond milk (add more if needed)
1 beaten egg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp. hemp hearts
1 tbsp. chia gel
1 tbsp. maple syrup/honey/sweetener of choice

Directions
1)Combine all dry ingredients.
2)Add egg,vanilla,milk,sweetener into dry ingredients.
3)Heat griddle with some coconut oil and pour pancake batter. When you see bubbles on one side, flip and cook the other side.
4)Fry an egg. In between each pancake place an egg, cheese or sausage to make your Mcgriddle.
5)Add more syrup if needed. Enjoy Makes 5 Mcgriddles.








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive