Thursday, March 6, 2014

Creamy Chocolate Quinoa Porridge Recipe

Hi again! Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been posting everyday meal ideas on Instagram and Facebook but haven't been updating the blog. Home life is busy, the weekends are busy, life is busy. Sigh! But I wanted to update with the quinoa porridge recipe because it is really good. I saw the book at the library and I think I might have to go get my own copy of  The Quinoa Revolution. Page after page of recipes that don't require too much ingredients and very easy to make.
I decided on trying this breakfast recipe and boy is this a winner. Creamy and delicious.

Creamy Chocolate Quinoa Porridge Recipe

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of milk (your choice, I used Coconut Almond milk)
1/2 cup of quinoa
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 large egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp. of maple syrup or sweeter of choice

Directions
1)Combine milk,quinoa and cocoa in a saucepan and cook on medium heat then reduce to simmer about 20 minutes.
2)Whisk egg whites and vanilla in a small bowl. Temper the egg whites by adding a little bit of the hot quinoa mixture. Do this a couple of times. Then pour egg whites into quinoa mixture.
3)Remove from heat and serve with maple syrup or sweeter of choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive