Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ginger Soy Tofu Recipe

Been busy these last couple of days but I wanted to share with you my favorite way to make tofu. I like preparing tofu because it's economical and easy. Last week I read an article about the fact that tofu uses GMO ingredients and that it's not as good for you as it seems. Well, I contacted Sunrise Soya cause that's the brand of tofu I use and they said that indeed their products are Non-GMO. It's on their website, the whole explanation so I won't get into it but I just wanted to say, "yippee!!!" So now for the recipe. It's simple and there is a process but if you follow my technique, let me tell you how often you'll be eating tofu and adding it to your noodles or stirfrys.

Ginger Soy Tofu Recipe
1 block of Firm Tofu
1 thumb size freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 tbsp. honey or other sweetener
salt and pepper

Directions
1)Remove tofu from packaging and place on a shallow dish. Place a plate on top of tofu and add some weight on it, I use a can of beans.
2)Wait for 15 minutes, and then drain liquid. Do this every 15 minutes for 1 hr.
3)In a bowl, mix rest of ingredients.
4)Remove weight from tofu. Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thickness. Pour sauce on tofu and let marinate. Cover and keep in fridge for atleast 15 minutes. I usually leave it for a couple of hours.
5)Heat a pan with some oil. Gently, lay tofu and pan fry each side for 3 minutes until golden brown. If you want, you can also beat an egg and dip each tofu slice into it and fry.
6)Serve with rice,vegetables or stirfry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive