Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spicy Masala Shrimp and Sweet Potato on Tofu Recipe

Time to update the blog! I didn't intend this blog to be full of recipes but that's how it's looking right now. I love food and a big part of my weight loss is food. Most of my meals this year is vegetarian or gluten free. I'm just trying to test out what works for me but whatever it is, it is full of flavour.  I get ideas for our meals from Pinterest and books. This recipe is from a tofu book. However I completely made it my own because I was missing key ingredients. But in the end, the tofu turned out delicious.

Spicy Masala Shrimp and Sweet Potato on Tofu Recipe

Ingredients
1 block of firm tofu (pressed so there's not much moisture)
5 large cleaned shrimps no skin
1/2 cup sweet potato mash
1 tbsp. Pataks Masala Curry Paste
1/4 cup of cilantro
3 garlic gloves
nori seaweed sheets
salt and pepper

Directions
1)In a blender combine shrimp, sweet potato, masala paste, cilantro, garlic. Make a paste out of all the ingredients. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
2)Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thickness rectangles.
3)Apply paste to one side of tofu and cover with a nori sheet
4)Heat some oil in a pan and placing nori side down, pan fry. Flip carefully and fry other side.
5)Enjoy with noodles, rice, in a sandwich or by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive