Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dates and Almond Energy Balls

I love snacking. There I said it. Sometimes I can't quite explain what exactly I want, whether it's a sweet treat or a salty crunch but when I want it, I better have it and fast. It's important to surround yourself with healthy snacks so I scoured the internet for a recipe that included both my sweet craving but the need for a salty crunch. This recipe is really simple and easy to prepare. It can be kept in the fridge and when you want a snack, it's ready and very satisfying. You can easily substitute the almonds for walnuts. You can also keep it simple and just have the dates and almonds with no other ingredient but I wanted to add the extra health benefits of chia seeds and hemp hearts. Try to find dates that are not too dried up so it can easily be made into balls. I found mine at No Frills for $2.50 and I ended up using just a quarter of the little container for this recipe.

Dates and Almond Energy Balls

Ingredients
1/2 cup of dates
1/2 cup of roasted almonds
3 tbsp. of almond butter
1/3 cup of hemp hearts
2 tbsp. chia seeds




Directions
1)Place ingredients into a food processor and blend.
2)Roll into balls.
3)Put in an airtight container in the fridge.
 
Makes 12 1 inch balls.
Look at these beauties. So delicious and guilt free.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive