Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quinoa Vegetable Stirfry Recipe

Happy Hump day. Early in the wee hours this morning I came across my little baggy of red quinoa. I decided, the next couple of meals that I will have some keen-wa. I love quinoa, it is gluten free and easy to prepare. It contains more protein than any grain. I am going to attempt to share with you my recipe but I am one of those cooks that don't measure so I'll do my best.

Start with rinsing your quinoa for 3 minutes. Cook 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. I use chicken or vegetable stock. Fluff with a fork. Here I used red quinoa. There's no taste difference to me.


Quinoa Vegetable Stirfy Recipe
1 medium zucchini
1 small white onion
1/2 cup of white button mushrooms
1 tbsp. of minced garlic (more is better)
1 tbsp. of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
1/4 of a lemon wedge
a pinch of dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste




1)In a pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Toss in zucchini and mushrooms. Stir for 5 minutes until tender. Add salt,pepper,dried oregano.
2)Add cooked quinoa and squeeze some lemon juice. Season more according to taste.
3)Stir vegetables and quinoa. Enjoy.

Makes 2 servings. It keeps well in the fridge and can be eaten cold with lots of hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive