Monday, January 20, 2014

Costco Mini Haul


I go to Costco at the most maybe once a month. I try to avoid it as much as possible because I always leave with a few measly items and end up spending a ton. However, after this weekend's shopping trip, I might just be dropping by more often. I buy certain organic items from the Bulk Barn or Healthy Planet in small quantities. However, I 've noticed that I've been buying it more often and it's costing me more. So after much calculations and if the items are on sale, then it is worth the trip to Costco.

So on top is a picture of the items I purchased yesterday. Prices are good for this week for sale items.

First the Organic Cold pressed Coconut Oil, $17.99 - $4 =$13.99! I've never seen it this cheap. I cook with coconut oil so this was a great deal. I bought 2 and it doesn't expire til 2015. Some coconut oil benefits listed but it's really up to you if you want to make the switch. I hardly ever fry but I don't use coconut oil for that, I end up using canola oil. Plus, I use coconut oil as a moisturizer and as a deep hair conditioner treatment.

I also got some Oakrun Whole grain English muffins at $3.49 for a pack of 3. English muffins for the week y'all! I eat this for breakfast a lot with egg and avocado. It freezes well and you can keep your bread in the fridge to make it last longer. Since I toast the English muffin when I eat it, the texture and taste is not lost on me.

Clothing wise, I scored some tank tops for $13.79 for a pack of 3. Great for workouts and layering. I also saw this 2 pack of reversible sports bra for $24.99. I like it a lot. I live in sports bras so it was a good deal.

I went around and noticed that Chia seeds were indeed cheaper from Costco but I didn't buy any this time. I did however got myself some Hemp hearts. It is an awesome plant based protein. I intend to benefit from all its glory. And hemp recipes will follow. It cost $14.89 for an almost 2 lb bag. I saw smaller 1 lb bags for $9 at other places.

And lastly, some pecan nuts. I love love love nuts. I am nuts for nuts. Thank goodness my kids have no nut allergies cause I would totally kick them out, ok maybe not but thankfully we all can enjoy the goodness of nuts. I bought this large bag of pecans for $12.99! No more mini bags of 100 grams that cost $3 or waiting for bulk barn coupons. Costco does sell nuts cheaper. I intend to roast these nuts. I will post my love for nuts another time.

So it was a pricey little trip and I can not fathom how some families do majority of their shopping at Costco. However, these items I hope will last for awhile and great bargains all around! So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Inspired Life. The homemade foodie. The book junkie. The frugal momma.

Search This Blog

Blog Archive